It's a pretty simple title page. I like that I can make mini scrapbook pages for inserts if I want or I can simply put a picture in and be done with it.
I gave exams all day today at work so I had plenty of time to think about what and how I want to do Project Life this year. Here are a few thoughts:
- I don't really want to do a photo-a-day approach for each weekly spread. I anticipate that each spread will have a slightly different feel, which I need to be okay with.
- Ali recently wrote, " My focus in Project Life is more on celebrating all the things that are good. That said, I did include a few things later in 2011 – short references to challenges, etc. so as to not completely ignore what’s very real in my/our life right now. Going forward it’s likely that I’ll continue to include pieces of the more challenging stories but most likely it will be in a way that’s reflective, looking for the good in the situation, lessons learned, etc." I really like the idea of NOT ignoring the more challenging parts of life. Back when I was an avid scrapbooker, I always wanted to scrap the things that were going on in my every day life, but when a topic or incident that wasn't all that sunny came to mind, I quickly dismissed it as a possible scrapbook page idea. I didn't think I should document negative things because I didn't necessarily want to remember them later as I looked through my scrapbooks. I wish now that I had somehow documented those times to remember how I felt and how I dealt with the trials life threw at me. There is still a part of me that is wary about putting in negative things in my PL album, but after reading Ali's entry, I will try to include those not-so-fantastic things that happen but with a reflective approach. After all, it's called Project Life, not Project Life-but-only-the-good-stuff.
- I'm trying not to set too many boundaries for this project. I don't want to have a "theme" or a color scheme that I have to follow.
- I want to get back into the scrapbooking community. I "met" a lot of fantastic scrappers when I was blogging back in 2007-2009.
- I think the most challenging part of this whole process will be the pictures. I don't have a great photo printer so I will have to order them every week if I want to keep up with the project. That and I don't have a scrapbook room or even a scrapbook desk, so I have to be SUPER organized with my supplies.
Thanks for reading!