Friday, January 13, 2012

Project Life 2012 Title Page

How optimistic of me to label this post "Project Life 2012 Title Page" as if to imply that in the future I may one day write a post titles "Project Life 2013 Title Page". Let's hope I make it all the way to 2013!


Project Life 2012 Title PageBITS AND PIECES: I got the little white tabs from Staples, the 2012 is hand cut cork paper I bought years ago but never used (love it because it has adhesive on the back! I remember it was on sale and I wanted to buy their whole supply but for some reason didn't... now I'm running out and regret that decision!), and the H is from an old Tim Holtz grunge board set.
It's a pretty simple title page. I like that I can make mini scrapbook pages for inserts if I want or I can simply put a picture in and be done with it. 


I gave exams all day today at work so I had plenty of time to think about what and how I want to do Project Life this year. Here are a few thoughts:

  • I don't really want to do a photo-a-day approach for each weekly spread. I anticipate that each spread will have a slightly different feel, which I need to be okay with.
  • Ali recently wrote, " My focus in Project Life is more on celebrating all the things that are good. That said, I did include a few things later in 2011 – short references to challenges, etc. so as to not completely ignore what’s very real in my/our life right now. Going forward it’s likely that I’ll continue to include pieces of the more challenging stories but most likely it will be in a way that’s reflective, looking for the good in the situation, lessons learned, etc." I really like the idea of NOT ignoring the more challenging parts of life. Back when I was an avid scrapbooker, I always wanted to scrap the things that were going on in my every day life, but when a topic or incident that wasn't all that sunny came to mind, I quickly dismissed it as a possible scrapbook page idea. I didn't think I should document negative things because I didn't necessarily want to remember them later as I looked through my scrapbooks. I wish now that I had somehow documented those times to remember how I felt and how I dealt with the trials life threw at me. There is still a part of me that is wary about putting in negative things in my PL album, but after reading Ali's entry, I will try to include those not-so-fantastic things that happen but with a reflective approach. After all, it's called Project Life, not Project Life-but-only-the-good-stuff. 
  • I'm trying not to set too many boundaries for this project. I don't want to have a "theme" or a color scheme that I have to follow.
  • I want to get back into the scrapbooking community. I "met" a lot of fantastic scrappers when I was blogging back in 2007-2009.
  • I think the most challenging part of this whole process will be the pictures. I don't have a great photo printer so I will have to order them every week if I want to keep up with the project. That and I don't have a scrapbook room or even a scrapbook desk, so I have to be SUPER organized with my supplies.
Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment