Sunday, February 26, 2012

Project Life Week 7

I'm a little behind on my Project Life album. By now I should have week 8 printed and laid out, but I haven't even edited pictures yet, let alone print them out and organize them! This has been a busy week with work... the great thing about Project Life though, is that I can simply pick back up again when I have a little more time (like say in 10-20 years? Ha!)

Left-hand side of this week:

Some supplies I used are Love, Elsie stickers, punchinella, homemade tags (made from office labels), Dymo Labels (old school!), and felt.

I took out some old scrapbook supplies that were stored (when we were cleaning out the guest room in anticipation of Truman's arrival!) and actually did some more traditional type of scrapping this week. It took me MUCH longer to finish this week's spread, but it's now my favorite! (NOTE: to increase the quality of the picture I took of this side, I took out the inserts and laid them ON the sleeve instead of leaving them inside. This minimized the glare, for sure.)
Right-hand side:

The entire right-hand side is just full of pictures and the weekly wrap-up (again typed this week because I had so much to say!)

 

I have TONS of inserts this week. The first is full of pictures I took of Phinn for Valentine's Day and a card he got from his grandma Sandy. I used a lot of felt for this week's spread and inserts - I really like the way the color POPS!

 

The other side of this first insert is full of pictures we took for Phinn's aunt on her birthday!



The rest of the inserts are my first attempt at A Day In The Life - insprired by Ali Edwards, of course. First, a 6x6 title page. The insert is a piece of felt with an old Love, Elsie cardboard sticker. I've been hoarding a ton of Love, Elsie products and am finally beginning to use them!


After the mini-title page is a standard 8.5x11 with the journalling from the day. I used the same format as I saw on Ali's website: listing each hour and either leaving it blank (if we were sleeping or not doing anything) or writing next to is what was going on at that time.

 

On the front of the journal insert I have numbers from a Love, Elsie sticker pack, punchinella at the bottom underneath the journalling, some random stickers, and a piece of blue felt "ribbon" that I stitched into place. On the back side of the insert is more journalling (of course) and a "today" piece of felt I cut out and stapled into place. 

The next two inserts (only one side of one is shown below) are full of pictures taken throughout the day. I have a page of screenshots of text messages I sent/received throughout the day as well (not pictured).


I really enjoyed documenting an entire day and luckily I had the time to do it that day since it was a holiday. I think the next time though, I'll probably do a little more research and use a different format - I'm not sure if I like the way it turned out.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment